Coronavirus Update

Update 06/05/2020: The government has brought out a tool to check your eligibility for the self employment grant (officially the self employment income support scheme) – you’ll need to enter your UTR and National Insurance Number here:

The online service to claim is available from 13 May 2020. If you’re eligible, HMRC will tell you the date you can make your claim from. If your claim is approved you’ll receive your payment within 6 working days.

If you’re unable to claim online an alternative way to claim will be available. We will update this page with more information soon.

Frustratingly agents cannot make a claim through this scheme on behalf of their client. HMRC have told us ‘you should tell your clients that they will need to make the claim themselves.’

Make your claim

You’ll need your:

You’ll have to confirm to HMRC that your business has been adversely affected by coronavirus.

Once you’ve submitted your claim, you will be told straight away if your grant is approved. HMRC will pay the grant into your bank account within 6 working days.

Remember to declare the grant when we do your accounts! You also have to declare it when applying for any benefits.

You can read more here:

If you receive texts, calls or emails claiming to be from HMRC, offering financial help or a tax refund and asking you to click on a link or to give personal information, it is a scam. You should email it to and then delete it.


We would like to reassure our clients that we remain open for everything but face to face appointments. We will still be able to complete your accounts & tax returns, take your calls on our usual number (02392257102 or 07564256554) and reply to emails.

We’re aware the new tax year is about to arrive and we remain confident we can complete your returns and accounts and file for any rebates as normal.

We won’t be available at the office as we are working remotely to protect ourselves, our clients and the public in general from the spread of the virus. As such please don’t post anything in to us. Any correspondence can be emailed over to us or discussed on the phone.

Thank you for your understanding.

We appreciate that this is a worrying time for a lot of people, so please see more about what help there is for business and the self employed here:

Self employed people may also be able to claim Universal Credit, please phone the government helpline on 0800 328 5644.

Update: As of 26th March the Chancellor has announced a self employment help scheme, which is a taxable grant of 80% of average earnings over the past 3 years up to £2,500 per month for self employed workers with a taxable profit of under £50,000 who derive the majority of their income from self employment. To qualify you must have filed a 2018/19 tax return, if you haven’t yet filed your 18/19 account the Chancellor has opened a special 4 week window to now file that tax return. HMRC will contact self employed workers directly to let them know what you’re due.

For VAT registered clients you can defer your payment until June, but you need to cancel your direct debit if you have one or HMRC will still take the money.

This page will be updated with all relevant information as it becomes available.


Thank you and all the best,


The Quick Accountancy Team.

Any queries? Please do contact us.